Basics of Nervous System Regulation with Marta Kaczmarczyk
- Thu 17th Nov 2022, 7pm – 8:30pm UK time (UTC +00:00)
|Hosted by||The Psychedelic Society|
|Activity||Psychedelic Science & Mental Health|
|Add to calendar||Google · ICS|
Have you realized that your thoughts, language, body movement, posture, voice, facial expression, physiology, and nervous system state are interconnected?
The nervous system is responsible for regulating a variety of functions within the body. These include thoughts, language, body movement, posture, voice, facial expression, physiology, and state of being in the present moment.
So you can be calm and constructive if your nervous system is regulated, or reactive, impulsive and agitated if you are stuck in the fight, flight, or fawn response; or slow, unmotivated, depressed, and helpless if your nervous system is overwhelmed.
Once you start practicing nervous system regulation, you can be in more control over your body and how you show up in the world. When we are able to maintain a healthy balance in our nervous system, it can help us to be more resilient in the face of stress and adversity, as well as to have balanced energy levels and enhanced connections with others.
During this program:
- You will learn how to recognize core nervous system states, understand their purpose and limitations and start accepting them in you.
- You will be introduced to the concept of coping strategies and how they connect to the nervous system states.
- We will practice a felt sense of your state so you can start learning how to be more embodied.
- We will explore how to spot and deal with maladaptive coping strategies and how to reorient towards more constructive responses.
- We will describe how to utilize this knowledge for preparation and integration of the psychedelic experience.
- The event will combine a lecture, exercises, breakout room activities, and Q&A.
Marta has MSc in Cognitive and Decision Sciences (UCL) and spent years educating herself on the brain's functionality. While cognitive science and neuroscience are still her passions, she has acknowledged difficulty to translate the fields' findings into everyday life. Only when she had realized that the brain and the rest of the body are interconnected did she finally find methods that significantly improved her life. On her journey to be more connected to herself and others, she has explored dance, embodiment, and mobility exercises. In addition, Marta experimented with hundreds of supplements, multiple wearables and other wellness and medical devices. Finally, she began a journey to become a somatic therapist and learned how to synthesize all of her past knowledge - how to connect emotions, nervous system states, and embodiment into a cohesive and simple method for becoming a friend to the whole body.
REFUNDS POLICY: Please note, we do not arrange refunds or exchanges. When possible we encourage reselling on Ticketswap.
ACCESS: We do our best to include everyone in our events, regardless of health circumstances. If you have access requirements please email the event organiser directly to discuss.
Many facilitators are able to offer reduced ticket prices for those truly unable to afford the ticket price. If this is you, do please get in touch with the event organiser.
For PSYCHEDELIC KNOWLEDGE AND RESOURCES please check out the Psychedelic Society website.
MEMBERS of the Psychedelic Society get a discount off almost all of our events.
Join from £5 a month and become part of this amazing community with invites to special events and more.
This event started 3 months ago
There was an error processing the transaction
You have not be charged. Please refresh the page to try again.
Pay with SEEDS
Looking for your transaction...
Making a manual transaction? You will find pasting these details easier if you 'Expand view' first.
Looking for your transaction...
Upcoming Psychedelic Science & Mental Health events
Launching Your Career in Psychedelic Therapy - Vital training introduction and Q&A with Psychedelics Today
- Tue 21st Feb 2023, 7pm – 8:30pm UK time (UTC +00:00)
- Tue 7th Mar 2023, 7pm – 9pm UK time (UTC +00:00)
- Tue 14th Mar 2023, 7pm – 9pm UK time (UTC +00:00)
- jonathan r robinson
- Tue 4th Apr 2023, 7pm – Tue 23rd May 2023, 8:30pm UK time (UTC +01:00)