Soul Play: A 6 Week Coaching Journey
- Mon 10th May 2021, 7:30pm – Mon 14th Jun 2021, 9:30pm UK time (UTC +01:00)
|Hosted by||The Psychedelic Society|
|Activity||Creativity & Ritual|
|Add to calendar||Google · ICS|
This journey is designed to bring you into closer encounter with yourself and the things that make life worth living - TRUTH, BEAUTY, FREEDOM & LOVE - in order to help you embrace a more joyful, meaningful existence.
Our enquiry will take place on three levels:
- Philosophical - we’ll contemplate and discuss these fundamental principles - what are they? What have the great artists and thinkers said of them through the ages?
- Psychological - we’ll consider our relationship to these principles - what do they mean for us? How do we relate to them in our lives? What gets in the way of us owning our truth, opening to love etc.?
- Soulful - using visualisation and creative expression, we’ll tap into that part of our being that is beyond mind. The unconscious speaks through symbols, so tapping into our visionary/ imaginative faculties is always deeply revealing. The soul knows things the mind does not.
This adventure will be both broad and deep, both individual and collective, both playful and profound. Each participant will embark on their own hero’s journey to find their truth, open their heart and expand their capacity for joy and freedom.
“Bonny is an incredibly smart and intuitive coach with a multilayered approach, dancing between the worlds of classic psychology, mythic poetic symbology, and somatic experience with expert flair that results in a coaching that feels both grounded and mystical.” - Gaia Harvey Jackson
We meet every Monday from the 10th of May until the 14th of June, 7:30pm - 9:30pm on zoom.
Each session will include meditation, visualisation, reflection, sharing and group discussion, and will be complimented by homework exercises to deepen the process.
1.PLAY: Setting the Tone
If enlightened masters awaken to life as play, can we play ourselves awake?
Play is a wonderful tool for learning and catalyst for creativity. It disarms us, which helps us to be more receptive to receiving fresh insights. Taking the spirit of play into our philosophical and psychological enquiry can assist us in opening to new ways of thinking and being.
This session will explore play as a mode of interaction with the world… and a lens through which to view existence. There is no need to separate the playful from the profound. The deepest truths are always paradoxical in nature, reminding us not to cling too tightly to anything, to relax and enjoy the ride!
2. TRUTH: Diving deep within
The pursuit of truth is an abiding human experience. It has shaped many lives and much of human history. Indeed the desire to uncover ‘truth’ is at the root of all philosophical and scientific endeavour. But what is truth? How do we know something to be true?
This session will explore truth as a concept and a lived experience. Crucially, we’ll be endeavouring to clarify our personal truth as this underpins our capacity to create a life that is motivated by meaning and purpose.
The truth will set you free...
3. FREEDOM: Unburdening ourselves
Often, what gets in the way of us leading joyful, meaningful lives, are the programs we’re running about who we think we should be.
This session is about untangling the madness that binds us to leading lives of duty and drudgery. We’ll explore the limiting beliefs and patterns of self-sabotage that obstruct our capacity to live in accordance with our truth, and keep us trapped in prisons of our own making.
Indeed, it is our defence mechanisms, which we developed to protect the most delicate parts of us, that end up constricting us as we grow.
True freedom is living with an undefended heart…
4. LOVE: Mending the broken Mirror
And so our journey leads us to our sacred wounding - the source of our pain and our unique power.
This session is about coming into relationship with the parts of ourselves that split off in response to suffering, and offering them the love they didn’t get in order to restore a sense of wholeness and safety.
This will help us to trust life more, and open to deeper encounter with it… An undefended heart is able to embrace life and be in love with it all.
5. BEAUTY: Drinking the Nectar
Beauty is arguably what makes life worth living. It is not just a source of joy and pleasure but a source of healing and meaning. To experience beauty is to commune with the soul and encounter the sublime. And yet… so many of us don’t pay attention to beauty - why?
This session is all about awakening to beauty - learning to notice it, to appreciate it and to create it. To be present to beauty is to be present to the wonders of the world - what could be more important?
6. NOW: Embodying your essence.
This final session is our homecoming. Having ventured deep into ourselves, this will be an opportunity for us to share, embody and express what we learnt on our adventures.
The invitation is to present the jewels you have found on this sacred treasure hunt to the group in a creative way, that gives expression to the most essential part of you. In sharing our gifts, we part ways, mutually enriched.
Truth, beauty, freedom and love are fundamental coordinates in our pursuit of a joyful, meaningful existence. In all times and places, people have lived and died for these principles; civilisations have been built and wars have fought in pursuit of them. They are, I believe the core desires of the soul, and it is not possible to create a life rich with joy and meaning without grappling with the things that obstruct our ability to embrace them.
Recognising that the most profound truths are inherently paradoxical, we undertake our pursuit for meaning in the spirit of play. After all, purpose and piety can easily become duty, drudgery and even dictatorship when not combined with the disarming and adaptive power of pleasure and play.
This course will help you…
- Embrace play as a way of relating to life
- Connect to and articulate your truth
- Unpack the limiting beliefs and patterns of self-sabotage that compromise your freedom
- Acknowledge the wounding that makes it difficult for you to live with an undefended heart
- Practise noticing, appreciating and creating beauty as a pathway to a more joyful and satisfying existence
- Enter into a state of embodied presence in which you feel aligned to your truth and free to speak it, with an open heart, awakened senses and a willingness to play in the mystery
What you will need
- A notepad, paper and coloured pencils
- Time to engage in ‘homework’ exercises outside of our weekly meetings (20mins-2hr p/wk depending on what's possible for you)
- A willingness to enquire into your own wounding, defence mechanisms and patterns of self-sabotage and to show up, share and be witnessed in your unfolding
About your facilitator
Bonny is a psychosynthesis coach and multidimensional creative. Her work draws on her extensive studies of the creative process and the patterns of human development, including her MA research into the relationship between play and personal transformation. She is passionate about self-enquiry and artistic expression and strives to create soul stirring experiences through her creative and therapeutic practises.
Relevant education, training & experience:
- MA - Psychosynthesis Psychology (in progress)
- PG Dip - Psychosynthesis Leadership Coaching
- MA - Applied Imagination in the Creative Industries - Central St Martins
- BA Hons - History of Art & Visual Cultures - Goldsmiths
- 12 Years practise Vedic meditation and study of Vedic philosophy
If you are unsure if this course is for you and would like to hear more, please feel free to email email@example.com to arrange a call.
“The work we have done together has been life changing. Bonny’s playful and enlightening techniques of dealing with the different layers of my personality meant that even the dark, ugly traits became more approachable and I was able to understand and honour them. I now feel as though now I can deal with life and the many curve balls that it likes to throws with a calm, clear grounded sensibility.” - Zoe Wellman
“I've been coached by many people over the last twenty years and Bonny really stood out as a clear, warm and heartfelt guide to discovering my own truth. She has an amazing ability to hear the deeper current behind what is being said and a range of techniques for bringing a sense of clarity and purpose to what initially felt like a random jumble of sporadic impulses.” - Amir Giles
"Bonny is a great listener and guide - she has helped me embrace a new path of self acceptance by altering the lens I see the world through into a more positive and proactive one.” - Jemma Vaughn
“Coaching with Bonny felt like taking a deeper dive into who I am and what I want to do in the world. She helped me connect to a stronger and more authentic version of myself, which I am able to move forward with and go back to for support.” - Ronen Elder
Refunds: Please note, we do not arrange refunds or exchanges. When possible we encourage reselling on Ticketswap.
Access: We do our best to include everyone in our events, regardless of employment or health circumstances. If you would like to attend this event but are truly unable to afford the ticket price, please do get in touch with the event organiser.
Members of the Psychedelic Society get 10% off almost all of our events.
Join from £5 a month and become part of this amazing community with invites to special events and more.
This event started about 1 month ago
There was an error processing the transaction
You have not be charged. Please refresh the page to try again.
Pay with SEEDS
Looking for your transaction...
Pay with xDai
Making a manual transaction with Metamask? You will find pasting these details easier if you 'Expand view' first.
Looking for your transaction...