Native Power Plants and Emotional Plant Medicine with Seed Sistas: How to Cultivate, Forage and Prepare Medicinal and Psychoactive Plants for Mental Wellbeing / 4 week course
|Hosted by||The Psychedelic Society|
|Activity||Women in Psychedelics Webinar Series|
|When||Thu 1st Oct 2020, 7pm – Thu 22nd Oct 2020, 8:45pm UK time (UTC +01:00)|
|Add to calendar||Google · ICS|
Learn how to cultivate, forage and prepare medicinal and psychoactive plants for mental wellbeing.
The world we are living in is a constantly evolving changing plane and a great consistency in our lives has been the companionship of that the natural world reflects back at us. The plants are our friends, we have developed relationships with many of our local wild weeds and cultivated medicines over the past few decades and we want to share some of the health-giving and magical secrets with you.
This 4-week course is a dip into the wondrous gifts that these plants can bring to empower and offer health freedoms and inspiration. Each session shall be a 45 min presentation from us and 60 mins of questions from you.
- We start with the first session about the important subject of herbal help in times of stress and anxiety and how to support our mental wellbeing.
- Moving onto week two, we will share how we use ritual in all the work that we do. This will be an expansion of the psycho emotional support offered by the plants, looking at how to hold space for oneself and others whilst working with plant medicines.
- Week three we will explore our native psychotropic herbs especially some of the Solanacea we so love.
- And week 4 is your choice. You will be given the opportunity to vote on several titles but also give feedback and direction on what you wish to hear more about.
Oct 1, 2020 07:00 PM UK time (BST)
Oct 8, 2020 07:00 PM UK time (BST)
Oct 15, 2020 07:00 PM UK time (BST)
Oct 22, 2020 07:00 PM UK time (BST)
1) Medicinal Herbs for Mental Wellbeing - 1 October 2020
We all need to take care of ourselves in order to function - community herbalism offers connection and optimum health
- Herbs to support stress and anxiety and the classification and application of nervine plants.
- What you can easily grow yourself/forage + prepare (tinctures etc)
2) Herbs and Rituals - 8 October 2020
Ritual space holding with plants
- Creating an altar
- Wreaking Rods/smudge
- Herbal Amulets
- What is an amulet
- History & Culture
- How to make one
- Growing Rituals (in tune with the lunar rhythms)
- Seed collection
3) Native European Psychoactive Herbs - History, magic and clinical medicine - 15 October 2020
Have you ever wondered about our Native Power Plants.
- Who they are?
- Where they grow?
- Their individual gifts and stories?
We believe that magic is integral to medicine
Belladonna, Henbane & Datura are some of the European power plants, holding the key to an altered mind perspective, as well as being important physically-active medicine. Since ancient times, these incredible plants have been famed for applications in herbcraft and medicine.
Through many years of clinical practice utilising the Solanaceae family as part of our Materia medica as herbalists, we are fascinated with the more subtle energies at work. We have walked with her mysteries and discovered how myth and history can give us clues as to the medicine contained within these plants that accesses subtle energy bodies as well as having physical effects.
4) Open session - 22 October 2020 - during the first three weeks, there will be a vote on what will be covered in the last session.
- Herbs for healthy gut
- Immune system boost
- Speaking to the garden - talking to plants and observation skills
- The Sensory Herbal Handbook – Survival in a changing world
- Ancestral Lines - an exploration with herbs
- Planetary Herbalism
- Herbal First Aid
- Herbal Contraception
- Herbal Aphrodisiacs
- Lucid Dreaming with Herbs
- Herbs for Protection rituals
- The making of a flying ointment
- Hallucinogenic lube and wanking with plant medicine
The event will be recorded, and the videos will be sent to everyone who purchased the ticket, within a week after each event.
The Seed Sistas, Karen Lawton and Fiona Heckels are herbalists, eco-activists, published authors and have a down-to-earth attitude towards plant magic. After completing BScs in Medical Herbalism and Health Sciences, they developed Sensory Herbalism which is an emergent tradition rooted in chaos, both ancient and evolving. They cultivate change through their work with social enterprise Sensory Solutions Herbal Evolution, giving talks, writing and developing community medicine gardens. They explore the cross over of magic and medicine, and the reintroduction of magical practices into clinical herbalism.
Find out more at sensorysolutions.co.uk
Women in Psychedelics Webinar Series is a regular online event that hosts psychedelic women from around the world. Among them are scientists, researchers, psychiatrists, therapists, artists, bodyworkers and healers.
Refunds: Please note, we do not arrange refunds or exchanges. When possible we encourage reselling on Ticketswap.
Access: Our UK events are intended for a sober audience.
Members of the Psychedelic Society get 10% off almost all of our events.
Join from £5 a month and become part of this amazing community with invites to special events and more.
There was an error processing the transaction
You have not be charged. Please refresh the page to try again.
Pay with SEEDS
Looking for your transaction...