Events

Creating an event

If you don't already have a Dandelion account

Check out the video below, which does assume you have a Stripe account.

Hi, I'm going to show you how easy it is to set up an event on Dandelion.

Start by clicking 'List an event'.

First you'll need to create an account. Fill in some personal details and click 'Sign up'.

OK, you're in!

All events on Dandelion are listed under an organisation. Fill in some details of the organisation and click 'Save and continue'.

Paste your Stripe API keys and click 'Update organisation'.

OK, your organisation is ready!

Now click 'Create an event'. Provide an event title and start and end time.

Click 'Description and confirmation email', and provide an event description and any extra info for the ticket confirmation email.

Click 'Tickets', and add some ticket types.

That'll do for now – click the final tab and then 'Create event'.

You're done!

If you already have a Dandelion account

Events in Dandelion must be created under an Organisation. (See Organisations for details on how to create an Organisation.)

  • Go to your organisation's page
  • Click the organisation dropdown at the top of the main window and select Create an event
  • Provide the required details and click Create event. You will then notice a new dropdown containing further admin options for your event at the top of the main window.

Adding event facilitators

  • Go to your event (the main page, not the settings page), click the plus icon next to Facilitators and search for the desired facilitator by name.

Adding co-hosts

  • Go to your event (the main page, not the settings page), click the plus icon next to Hosted by and search for the desired organisation by name.

Using automated revenue sharing

This is an experimental feature. Please contact us if you'd like to try it.

  • Ask your facilitator to create a Stripe account at stripe.com and then visit your organisation's page on Dandelion and click Connect Stripe
  • When creating/editing an event, you can now select the facilitator under Revenue sharer
  • You will need to fill in an Organisation revenue share for the event as a decimal between between 0 and 1. For example, if you want the organisation to take 20% of the revenue, with the remaining 80% going to the facilitator, put 0.2

Embedding event listings

Embed an iframe like this, replacing the-psychedelic-society with your organisation's slug: 

<iframe style="overflow: scroll; border: 0; width:100%; height: 100vh;" class="dandelion-auto-height"  src="https://dandelion.earth/o/the-psychedelic-society/events?minimal=1&hide_featured_title=1&no_search=1&no_listings=1&first_carousel_only=1"></iframe>

And put this in your head to set the iframe to the correct height:

<script src="//code.jquery.com/jquery-latest.js"></script>
<script src="//cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/iframe-resizer/4.2.1/iframeResizer.min.js"></script>
<script>
$(function () {
  $('.dandelion-auto-height').iFrameResize({log: true, checkOrigin: false, heightCalculationMethod : 'taggedElement'})
})
</script>

The hide_featured_title, no_search, no_listings and first_carousel_only parameters in the iframe tag are optional.

Embedding ticket forms

Embed an iframe like this, replacing 123456789 with your event ID:

<iframe style="overflow: scroll; border: 0; width:100%; height: 100vh" class="dandelion-auto-height" src="https://dandelion.earth/events/1234567890?ticket_form_only=1"></iframe>

Use the code in the second half of the previous section to set the iframe to the correct height.

Still need support? Book a free 15m videocall or email us